If you are familiar with the case of Universe217, you know well that this is a band which does not rest on its laurels.
For those of you who are not familiar with this band, Universe217 is one of the most vibrant Greek acts in the heavy music genre. Since its formation (2005) and up to present, the band has released 3 full-length albums (among other releases such as EPs & split 7’’ singles), and has played a great number of gigs together with other Greek bands but also as a support-act to well known international artists (Amenra, Anathema, MadderMortem, Neurosis, OM, SaintVitus, SamsaraBluesExperiment, ScottKelly, Wovenhand). The quality of the band’s music, its experience and the members’ on-stage performance justify the excellent reputation that Universe217 has earned as one of the best live acts in the Greek rock/metal scene of today.
The band’s latest album, entitled “Never”, was released on 2013 and received very positive feedback from the fans and the press (both domestic and international). However, as it was mentioned in the beginning, this is not a band that rests on its laurels… So, since the release of “Never”, Universe217 have not kept themselves busy only by playing live, but they have also written and recorded a new, acoustic EP entitled “Ease”. In addition, “Ease” marks the beginning of a new collaboration between the band and the established German record label Ván Records.
„Ease“ – EP
Tanya – vocals
Manos – guitar
Nikos – bass
Manos – drums
• “Universe217” – 2007 (full-length CD – Duplicate Records / re-released by Burning World Records)
• “II” – 2009 (CD EP – released as a free premium CD along with Metal Hammer Greece magazine)
• Split w/ Lucky Funeral – 2009 (split 7’’ single – CTS Productions)
• “Familiar Places” – 2011 (full-length CD – Venerate Industries)
• “Never” – 2013 (full-length CD – independent, vinyl LP – CTS Productions, international LP release by Ván Records in 2014)
• “Intercourse”, Split w/ SuperPuma – 2013 (split 7’’ single – independent)
• “Ease” – 2014 (EP – Ván Records)